Monday, April 14, 2008

Learning Language

The biggest difference from my first language and English

My first language is Vietnamese. There are serveral difference between Vietnamese and English. First one is grammar. Of course, vocabulary is totally different. I don't mention about this. But, we dont have any past or past participle verb. Moreover, using preposition is problem that i usually get mistakes. In Vietnamese, we dont need which preposition follows which word. If the sentence has meaning, makes sense, then it will be fine. Second, writting an composition is also various. Introduction, in particularly, is entirely different. In my language, we dont need have a thesis statement. when we start a composition, we just need to make an introduction attractive readers. It doesn't need to be clear, we can make questions that lead to the topic, then make readers more cuirous to read. Finally, pronunciation is completely various. we never prononce the last letter. Ex, my name is "Loc". Here, everyone calls me Loc ( plus "k" at the end), so my name become ---> "Lock". And Vietnamese people just call me Loc ( without k). So, this is the problem that's hard for me and other vietnamese people to study English. Its hard, but its not impossible, ill try my best!

At first, i didnt get used to it, and later, someone call me as " locker locker locker.." but i think its funny. So... dont mind :P.

1 comment:

Kathy Katherine said...

Loc told you the truth. I checked it, haha.
By the way, nice post Loc